Sunday 17 July 2022, 12:00 - 17:00
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS FOR ADULTS AND YOUNG ADULTS WHO ARE 16 AND OVER, UNLESS YOUR CHILD HAS ATTENDED ONE OF TASTER SESSIONS AND HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR FURTHER TRAINING.
These courses comprise two, 5-hour long sessions over consecutive Saturday and Sunday afternoons in a single weekend, providing the required tuition that Archery GB recommend for beginners. The courses follow the AGB syllabus:-
- Safety rules and regulations
- Basic T-Draw technique for target archery
- Recurve Freestyle using a sight
- Recurve Barebow without a sight
- Technique refinement
- Target and range etiquette
- Demonstration of other bow types
- Target set-up
- General advice on equipment and membership
- Plenty of coaching, practice and fun
All participants receive their own copy of the “Archery for Beginners Guidebook”. At the end of the course successful participants are awarded the AGB certificate of basic safety and competency. This certificate will enable you to apply for membership of any AGB affiliated club in the UK but of course we would welcome you to join as a new member of CMO Bowmen.
Notes on attendance and COVID 19 Precautions
- Please bring your own refreshments and waterproof clothing in case of rain
- Toilet facilities are available and must be sanitised after use with cleaning products provided
- All equipment will be sanitised before and after the session
- Face masks may be worn except when shooting when they must be removed to prevent injury caused by proximity to the bow string
- Coaches will wear face masks when within a distance of two metres from the trainee if required - please ask
Please note that cancellations within 7 days of the course will not be refunded.
COURSE CAPACITY - 8
When this limit is reached, the booking system will automatically close.
To attend this event, fill out the event attendance form below.
If you can't see the attendance form, please check that you are logged into the website by looking at the box in the top-right-hand corner of this page.