Saturday 22 August 2020, 11:00 - 17:00
These courses comprise two, 6-hour long sessions over consecutive Saturday and Sunday afternoons in a single weekend, providing the required tuition that Archery GB recommend for beginners. The courses follow the AGB syllabus:-
- Safety rules and regulations
- Basic T-Draw technique for target archery
- Recurve Freestyle using a sight
- Recurve Barebow without a sight
- Technique refinement
- Target and range etiquette
- Demonstration of other bow types
- Target set-up
- General advice on equipment and membership
- Plenty of coaching, practice and fun
All participants receive their own copy of the “Archery for Beginners Guidebook”. At the end of the course successful participants are awarded the AGB certificate of basic safety and competency. This certificate will enable you to apply for membership of any AGB affiliated club in the UK but of course we would welcome you to join as a new member of CMO Bowmen.
COVID 19 Precautions
- Please bring your own refreshments and waterproof clothing in case of rain
- Toilet facilities are available and must be sanitised after use with cleaning products provided
- All equipment will be sanitised before and after the session
- Face masks may be worn except when shooting when they must be removed to prevent injury caused by proximity to the bow string
- Coaches will wear face masks when within a distance of two metres from the trainee
Please note that cancellations within 7 days of the course will not be refunded.
COURSE CAPACITY - The Covid 19 guidelines from Archery GB mean we can only offer 4 places on each course to facilitate 1 metre+ social distancing during the non shooting tuition and appropriate distancing during shooting tuition.
When this limit is reached, the booking system will automatically close.
Cumnor House Sports Ground
93 Pampisford Road
To attend this event, fill out the event attendance form below.
If you can't see the attendance form, please check that you are logged into the website by looking at the box in the top-right-hand corner of this page.