Sunday 15 December 2019, 13:00 - 18:00
The CSAA Winter Frostbite Postal League runs from November until March and allows Surrey clubs to compete against each other by submitting their monthly scores to the league organisers. Each month CMO are drawn against one of the other clubs in the league and if we beat them, we get 2 points. The team with the most points at the end of March, wins the league.
We have submitted one recurve team of three senior archers, four barebow teams of two senior archers, one compound team of two senior archers, one longbow team of two senior archers, one team of three junior 12+ archers (recurve and barebow).
Any CMO member can take part in the frostbite shoot as the best scores that month get submitted to the league. We also give out our own Frostbite trophies at the end of the winter season to the archers who have scored the most, so the more Frostbites you shoot, the more chance you have of winning! Plus of course the more archers we have taking part, the better chance we have of winning the leagues so regular attendance is the name of the game in this competition.
Here are the rules, as published by CSAA:
Regulations for the Club team Postal League, Winter 2018-19, to be shot under AGB rules.
- The competition will be arranged by bowstyle and age in separate divisions as follows:
Seniors: Recurve, Compound, Longbow, Barebow
Juniors 12+ (12-18): Recurve, Compound, Longbow, Barebow
Juniors U12: Recurve, Compound, Longbow, Barebow
This competition is open to Clubs affiliated to the County Association and to the archers affiliating through them. Archers may not shoot for more than one Club.
- The recurve and compound round to be shot is 3 dozen arrows at 30 metres on the 80cm WA face. For Juniors under12 the distance will be 20 metres. There will be 2 sighter ends of three arrows each. The longbow round will be a Warwick, shot one way with one end of 6 sighters on the 122cm WA face. All rounds must be shot outdoors.
- Senior and Junior teams will consist of:
Recurve: 3 archers
Longbow: 2 archers
Compound: 2 archers
Barebow: 2 archers
Divisions will consist of up to 6 teams, constructed on the basis of estimated team scores. Members of teams do notneed to be fixed throughout the competition.
- Matches will be shot once a month, from November to March, but may be shot one month in advance without advising opponents.
- Only 1 attempt may be made per match per month. Archers in one discipline must all shoot on the same occasion, but different bow styles may be shot on separate occasions to allow archers to shoot multiple bow styles. Junior teams may shoot on separate occasions from Senior teams.
- Scores must be returned to the Postal League Organiser within 5 days of shooting by e-mail. Late scores will not normally be accepted. Clubs should receive results within 2 weeks of the end of the month.
- An award will be made to the winners of each Division.
- Clubs may enter as many teams as they wish, but no club will have more than one team in any Division. The entry fee for each team will be £2, and this Can be paid by BACS to Surrey Archery Association or by sending a cheque to the Postal League Organiser. Cheques should be made payable to the County of Surrey Archery Association.
Cumnor House Sports Ground
93 Pampisford Road
To attend this event, fill out the event attendance form below.
If you can't see the attendance form, please check that you are logged into the website by looking at the box in the top-right-hand corner of this page.