There have been some additions to our rules and procedures designed to minimise lost arrows and make sure that proper reporting takes place.
Rules concerning your arrows are:
- No all-carbon arrows are permitted at the field. Wooden, aluminium or aluminium-carbon only
- Arrows must be identified as yours with your name or initials clearly marked on them
- You must count how many arrows you are shooting at the start and end of each session
- Fletching colour scheme must be the same for all your arrows that are shot together in a session
A reminder of the Lost Arrow Procedure:
- Enlist the help of other members to find your arrow
- Use the metal detectors and rakes provided to aid your search
- If your arrow hasn't been found by the end of the shooting session, continue looking!
- Use flags to mark where the target was and the area in which you think the arrow landed
- If there is no more natural light, stop searching and complete a lost arrow form kept in the container
- Contact the people listed on the form immediately to let them know. They will inform the school
- Searching will continue the next day with as many volunteers as we can find. You are expected to help!
- Repeat the last point until your arrow is found
Please help us to keep the field safe for everybody that uses it.